The DOM Track kind property is used to set or return the value of the kind attribute of the track. The kind attribute is used to specify the kind of the track.
- It is used to return the kind property.
- It is also used to set the kind property.
trackObject.kind = “captions|metadata|chapters|subtitles|descriptions”
Value: It is either true or false which shows the default state of the track. By default, it is false.
- captions: It defines translation of dialogue and sound effects which is also suitable for deaf users.
- metadata: It states content used by scripts but is not shown to users.
- chapters: It defines chapter titles which is suitable to navigate the media resource.
- subtitles: Display subtitles in a video.
- descriptions: It describe the textual description of the video content.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer 10.0+
- HTML | DOM Track src property
- HTML | DOM Track srclang property
- HTML | DOM Track default property
- HTML | DOM Track label property
- HTML | DOM Track Object
- HTML | <track> srclang Attribute
- HTML | <track> label Attribute
- HTML | DOM Bdo dir Property
- HTML | DOM URL Property
- HTML | DOM specified Property
- HTML | DOM value Property
- HTML | DOM id Property
- HTML | DOM dir Property
- HTML | DOM name Property
- HTML | DOM li value Property
Return Value: It returns the kind of the text track in the form of string.
Before clicking on the button:
After clicking on the button:
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.