The Style pageBreakBefore property is used for setting or returning the page-break behavior before an element in printing or print preview.
The Style pageBreakBefore property does not affect the absolutely positioned elements.
Property Values :
object.style.pageBreakBefore = “auto | always | avoid | emptystring | left | right | initial | inherit”
- auto :It is used to insert a page break before the element if necessary.
- always :It is used to insert a page break always before the element.
- avoid : It is used to avoid a page break before an element.
- emptystring : Page break is not inserted before the element.
- left : It is used to insert one or two page breaks before the element, so the next page is considered a left page.
- right : It is used to insert one or two page breaks before the element, so the next page is considered a right page.
- initial : It is used to set this property to its default value.
- inherit : It is used to inherit this property from its parent element.
Below program illustrates the Style pageBreakBefore property :
Example: Setting a page break before the <p> element with id=”footer”
- Before clicking Button:
- After clicking the button
Note: In order to see the output, please save the code in HTML file and run it on your browser. The output will be seen when you will see the PRINT PREVIEW of that file.