The ProgressEvent interface represents events measuring the progress of an underlying process, like an HTTP request or the loading of the underlying resource of an img, audio, video, or link.
Return Value: It returns a string value which represent the lengthComputable, loaded or total measurement of a progress.
Properties: Properties of ProgressEvent are inherited from its parent event.
- ProgressEvent.lengthComputable: It is a read-only property and contains a Boolean flag indicating the resource concerned by the ProgressEvent has a length that can be calculated.
- ProgressEvent.loaded: It is a read-only property containing integer representing the amount of work already performed by the underlying process. The ratio of work done can be calculated with the property and ProgressEvent.total. When you are downloading a resource by using HTTP, this will only represent the part of the content itself, not the headers and other overhead.
- ProgressEvent.total: It is a read-only property which represents the total amount of work that the underlying process is in the progress of performing. When you are downloading a resource by using HTTP, this will only represent the part of the content itself, not the headers and other overhead.
- onerror:The event occurs when an error occurs while loading an external file
- onloadstart:The event will occurs when the browser will starts looking for the specified media.
Supported Browsers: The browser supported by DOM ProgressEvent are listed below:
- Chrome 1.0
- Internet Explorer 9.0
- HTML | DOM HTML Object
- Replace a DOM element with another DOM element in place
- HTML | DOM lang Property
- HTML | DOM Style backgroundClip Property
- HTML | DOM Style borderTop Property
- HTML | DOM Meter max Property
- HTML | DOM fullscreenerror Event
- HTML | DOM onvolumechange Event
- HTML | DOM Input Hidden value Property
- HTML | DOM onopen Event
- HTML | DOM Textarea autofocus Property
- HTML | DOM Style columnGap Property
- HTML | DOM Input Time autofocus Property
- HTML | DOM Input Submit formTarget Property
- HTML | DOM Style boxSizing Property
- HTML | DOM Video seekable Property
- HTML | DOM Input Checkbox disabled Property
- HTML | DOM Source src Property
- HTML | DOM Input Range max Property
- HTML | DOM Video loop Property
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.