The KeyboardEvent location property is used for returning a number that indicates the location of a key on the keyboard or device.
The KeyboardEvent location property can be used on the onkeydown and onkeyup events but not on onkeypress.
The number returned by KeyboardEvent location property is represented by 4 constants:
|0||DOM_KEY_LOCATION_STANDARD||This value represents almost every key on the keyboard, e.g. “B”, “R”, “SPACE” or “8”.|
|1||DOM_KEY_LOCATION_LEFT||This value represents a left key, e.g. the left “CTRL” key or left “ALT” key.|
|2||DOM_KEY_LOCATION_RIGHT||This value represents a right key, e.g. the right “CTRL” key or right “ALT” key.|
|3||DOM_KEY_LOCATION_NUMPAD||This value represents a numeric key or a numpad key.|
Below program illustrates the KeyboardEvent location property :
Example-1: Getting the location of a key.
Before pressing a button:
After pressing a button:
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
- HTML | DOM KeyboardEvent shiftKey Property
- HTML | DOM KeyboardEvent code Property
- HTML | DOM keyboardEvent charCode Property
- HTML | DOM KeyboardEvent key Property
- HTML DOM | KeyboardEvent altKey Property
- HTML | DOM KeyboardEvent metaKey Property
- HTML | DOM KeyboardEvent keyCode Property
- HTML | DOM KeyboardEvent getModifierState() Method
- HTML | DOM KeyboardEvent
- HTML | KeyboardEvent which Property
- HTML | DOM Location hostname Property
- HTML | DOM Location host Property
- HTML | DOM Location hash Property
- HTML | DOM Location pathname Property
- HTML | DOM Location protocol Property
- HTML | DOM Location href Property
- HTML | DOM Location port Property
- HTML | DOM Location origin Property
- HTML | DOM Location Search Property
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.