HTML | DOM Button formTarget Property
The Button formTarget property in HTML DOM is used to set or return the value of the formTarget attribute of a button. After submission of the form the formTarget attribute is called. The form data is to be sent to the server after submission of the form.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important HTML concepts with the Web Design for Beginners | HTML course.
- It is used to return the formTarget property.
- It is used to set the formTarget property.
buttonObject.formTarget = "_blank | _parent | _self | _top | framename"
- _blank: It is used to load the response in a new window/tab.
- _parent: It is used to load the response in the parent frame.
- _self:It is the default value and used to load the response in the same frame.
- _top: It is used to load the response in the full body of the window.
- framename: It is used to load the response in a named iframe.
Return Value: It returns a string value which represent the place where the response has to be submitted.
Example: This example describes how to set and get the value of formTarget property.
Before clicking on button:
After clicking on button:
- Internet Explorer 10.0
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox