The Audio played property is used for returning a TimeRanges object. The TimeRanges object is used in cases when you want to represent the ranges of audio that have already been played by the user.
A played range is a time range of a played audio. If a user skips in the audio, he may get several played ranges.
The audio played property is a read-only property.
The TimeRanges Object Properties are:
- length – It is used to get the number of played ranges in the video.
- start(index) – It is used to get the start position of a played range.
- end(index) – It is used to get the end position of a played range.
Below program illustrates the Audio played Property:
Example: Getting the first played range of the audio in seconds.
- Before clicking the button:
- After clicking the button:
Supported Browsers: The browsers supported by DOM Audio played Property are listed below:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Apple Safari