The tabindex attribute specifies the tab order of an element. “tab” button is used for navigation. The tabindex content attribute allows users to control whether an element is supposed to be focusable, whether it is supposed to be reachable using sequential focus navigation, and what is to be the relative order of the element for the purposes of sequential focus navigation.
element tabindex = "number"
- number: This specify the “tab” order when tab key is used to navigate.
In the above example, when tab button is used to navigating elements Article 1 will focused first followed by Article 2 and Article 3.
Note: If tabindex value is -1 then it will not be focusable. For example the below link will not be focused while using tab keys to traverse.
Navigation bars :
Navigation bars are important to any websites. They are the blocks associated with links to the different pages of the websites.
There are two types of navigation menu:
- Vertical Nav bars
- Horizontal Nav bars
Vertical Nav bars: Vertical bar menu displays one above another.
Horizontal Nav bars:
Horizontal Nav bars menu displays one followed by other or side by side.
- HTML | tabindex Attribute
- HTML Course | Creating Navigation Menu
- Bootstrap 4 | Progress Bars
- Bootstrap | Navigation Bar
- Bootstrap 4 | Navigation Bar
- How to change navigation bar color in Bootstrap ?
- How to create Responsive Bottom Navigation Bar using Bootstrap ?
- HTML | low Attribute
- HTML | name Attribute
- HTML | rel attribute
- HTML | dir Attribute
- HTML | value Attribute
- HTML | <img> src Attribute
- HTML | <map> name Attribute
- HTML | alt attribute
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.