The <col> tag in HTML is used to set the column properties for each column within a <colgroup> tag. This tag is used to set the style property to each column. This tag does not contain closing tags.
<col attribute = "value">
Attributes: The various attributes that can be used with the col tag are listed below. Most of the attributes are not supported by HTML5.
- span: It is used to define the number of columns on which property will be applied.
- style: This attribute is used to define the CSS to change the properties of the column.
- align: This attribute is used to set the alignment of the content of <col> element.
- width: It is used to specify the width of a <col> element.
- charoff: It is used to specify the number of characters the content will be aligned from the character specified by the char attribute.
Example: The below example explains the HTML col Tag.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer