The HTML <bgsound> tag is used to play the soundtrack in the background, when you leave the page behind and open a new tab this tag will continuously play the track in the background.
This tag is not for other browsers except the Internet Explorer. It does not display any graphical interface just played the track in the background.
- src: This attribute holds the path of the tack that will be played in the background.
- loop: This attribute holds a number that the number of times the track will play looping around.
Below example illustrate the HTML <bgsound> tag:
Supported Browsers: The supported browsers by HTML | <bgsound> tag are listed below:
- Internet Explorer
- What purpose does a <script> tag serve inside of a <noscript> tag?
- Difference between <article> tag and <section> tag
- Why <big> tag is not in HTML5 while <small> tag exists ?
- HTML | <html> Tag
- HTML | <section> Tag
- HTML | Style Tag
- HTML | <marquee> tag
- Div Tag | HTML
- HTML | <noframes> Tag
- span Tag | HTML
- HTML | <picture> Tag
- HTML | <font> Tag
- HTML 5 | <header> Tag
- HTML | <hgroup> Tag
- HTML | <q> Tag
- HTML | Object tag
- HTML | Phrase Tag
- HTML 5 | <summary> Tag
- HTML | <hr> Tag
- HTML | <nav> Tag
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.