HTML | accept Attribute
This attribute specifies the type of file that the server accepts. This attribute can be used with <input> element only. This attribute is not used for validation tool because file uploads should be validated on the Server.
<input accept = "file_extension">
- file_extension: It Specify the file extension(s) like .gif, .jpg, .png, .doc) the user can pick from.
- audio/*: The user can pick all sound files.
- ideo/*: The user can pick all video files.
- image/*: :A valid media type, with no parameters. Look at IANA Media Types for a complete list tandard media types
- media_type: A valid media type without parameters.
Attribute: The accept attribute is associated with <input> elements only.
Supported Browsers: The browser supported by accept attribute are listed below:
- Google Chrome 8.0
- Internet Explorer 10.0
- Firefox 4.0
- Opera 15.0
- Apple Safari 6.0
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important HTML concepts with the Web Design for Beginners | HTML course.