The <summary> tag in HTML is used to define a summary for the <details> element.
- The <summary>> element is used along with the <details> element and provides a summary visible to the user.
- When the summary is clicked by the user, the content placed inside the <details> element becomes visible which was previously hidden.
- The <summary> tag was added in HTMl 5.
- The <summary> tag requires both starting and ending tag.
<summary> Content whoso summary is required </summary>
Below program illustrates the <summary> element:
Supported Browser: Supported browsers are listed below
- Google Chrome 12.0
- Firefox 48.0
- Opera 15.0
- Safari 6.0
- What purpose does a <script> tag serve inside of a <noscript> tag?
- Difference between <article> tag and <section> tag
- Why <big> tag is not in HTML5 while <small> tag exists ?
- HTML | <html> Tag
- HTML | <section> Tag
- HTML | Style Tag
- HTML | <marquee> tag
- Div Tag | HTML
- HTML | <noframes> Tag
- span Tag | HTML
- HTML | <picture> Tag
- HTML | <font> Tag
- HTML 5 | <header> Tag
- HTML | <hgroup> Tag
- HTML | <q> Tag
- HTML | Phrase Tag
- HTML | <hr> Tag
- HTML | <Meta> Tag
- HTML | <optgroup> Tag
- HTML <legend> Tag
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : nidhi_biet