HSBC Interview Experience for TSE | Off-Campus 2021
I recently got an off-campus opportunity for the position of Trainee Software Engineer at HSBC. It consisted of 4 rounds and all were elimination rounds.
Round 1(Aptitude and Coding): Total questions: 70, Total Time Given: 75 min
This whole round was conducted on CoCubes Platform. This round can be sub-divided into 3 sections:-
- English: There were a total of 20 questions based on paragraph-completion, tenses and conjunctions. Easy for most of the Students.
- Analytical: There were a total of 20 questions based on Logical Reasoning, Critical Thinking and Easy Puzzles. Questions were a little lengthy but with some prior practice, it should not be a problem.
- Technical MCQs: There were a total of 30 questions based on Java, SQL, Cloud Computing, OS, DBMS, Computer Networks, HTML, JS. Again, Practice is the key.
Coding Questions: There were only 2 questions, One of easy level and second of moderate level.
- Easy ones are generally based on Basic Algorithmic questions and the moderate ones are based on Easy Level DS questions such as Arrays, Strings, LinkedList etc.
- I recommend practicing on GfG, LeetCode, Hackerrank for this round.
Round 2(HSBC Value Based Assessment): Total questions: ~15, No Time Constraint
- This round consists of Value based questions regarding Personality development, Professional Thinking. Watch out for repeating and paraphrased questions, try to visualise a pattern in questions.
- This round is an elimination round….!!!
Round 3(Technical Interview): Time: 65 min
- Since, this was an off-campus interview, My interview questions were not limited to skills and projects mentioned in the resume, there were basic OOP design case questions, Questions regarding JDBC were asked. Later on,
- There was some cross-questioning on my final year project, projects mentioned in the resume and some Java, Python, SQL, Machine Learning, Android Development questions (mentioned in my resume).
- I was also asked to write 2 pretty basic programming questions, one was String Palindrome and other one was HashMap Implementation.
Tips: Prepare your Resume Well, don’t lie on your Resume and be confident.
Round 4(HR): Time: 15 min
Basic and Typical HR questions one can expect.
- Willing to Relocate or not. (Will be asked to choose from one of the two locations)
- Expectations from HSBC.
- Any Questions (Ask 1 or 2).
Tips: Be Confident and Calm.