Round 1:Cocubes Coding Round
There were 2 questions of 2 and 3 marks. I don’t remember the questions but they were quite easy. The time duration was 30 minutes.
Round 2: Situational Judgement Test
This test didn’t have any time limit but it was advised to complete the test in 20 minutes. There were 16 Situation based questions related to the problems or the scenarios you might encounter in an organization and given a list of tasks how would be prioritize them.
Round 3: Technical Round
The technical round lasted for 20-25 minutes. The interviewer first asked to introduce yourself and then showed one of the coding questions that were given in the coding round of Cocubes and asked me to explain my code. After that he asked to write the code for nth Fibonacci number which I gave easily.
After that I was asked about my projects in depth as to what happened and what problems I faced while doing it. The most important question is that what is the relevance of your projects or the skills that you have in banking. I was expecting such a question therefore, I answered it satisfactorily.
Later talking about datasets used in the project, the topic shifted to cryptography and network security as to how can we ensure that our confidential data is secure while transmission to which I responded with various cryptography techniques like Public key cryptosystem, private key cryptosystem and hash functions giving examples of AES and DES.
Later he asked me about SSL encryption. I gave him a brief definition of it and that was it.
Later I was told that I am not selected for the HR round and I still don’t know where I went wrong in the interview as according to me it went perfectly well.
Hope this helps.
- HSBC Technology Interview Experience | Software Engineer Trainee
- HSBC Interview Experience for Trainee Software Engineer | On-Campus
- HSBC Campus Placement for Trainee Software Engineer Batch 2020
- HSBC Campus Placement for Trainee Software Engineer
- HSBC Campus Placement | Trainee Software Engineer
- Sopra Steria Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer Trainee)
- Amdocs R&D Interview Experience | Set 7 (Graduate Software Engineer Trainee)
- KPIT Technologies Interview Experience for Trainee Software Engineer
- HSBC Interview Experience | Set 3 ( On Campus - Software Developer)
- HSBC Interview Experience | Set 4 (Software Developer)
- HSBC Interview Experience | Set 9 ( On Campus – Software Developer)
- Yardi software India pvt ltd | Off Campus Drive for Software Engineer Trainee
- Reliance Jio Interview Experience for Graduate Engineer Trainee
- TekSystem Interview Experience for Trainee Engineer
- Nokia Interview Experience for GET (Graduate Engineer Trainee)
- Sopra Steria Interview Experience | Set 3(For Software trainee 2018)
- HSBC interview Experience for SDE
- HSBC interview Experience | Set 2 (On-Campus)
- HSBC Technology Interview Experience | Set 5
- HSBC Holdings Interview Experience | Set 6
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.