The first round consisted of the written exam conducted on Cocubes Platform and the test duration was 75 minutes. The test was of moderate difficulty level consisting of three sections. The first section was Verbal ability and English. There were questions based on vocabulary, comprehension and grammar. The second section was Analytical Reasoning. The questions were of average level. It consisted of questions from pattern matching, linear arrangements, coding-decoding. The last section was technical which was of difficult level. The questions were based on output of the program, OOPS concepts, React JS, Data Structures & Algorithms. There was a cutoff set for clearing the first round. If a student clears the first round, he/she will immediately proceed for the next coding round.
The next round was coding round. There were 2 coding problems. One was of easy level and the other one was of moderate level. If you solve one question also, you will be shortlisted for the next round.
- Given: A=1, B=10, C=100, D=1000, E=10000, F=100000, G=1000000. The input is a string, and the output should be sum of the sequence. For eg: BC=10+100=110.
- The question was based on 2D sorting.
Technical interview round which lasted for about 30 minutes.
Q1. He asked me if I was nervous or not?
Q2. Tell me about yourself.
Q3. Write a sql query to find the details of a car having more than 15 years of registration. (First he told me to create a table car.)
Q4. Write a sql query to find the second highest salary from employees table.
Q5. What is hash map?
Q6. What is array?
Q7. Questions based on Projects mentioned in resume.
Q8. 2 eggs and 100 floors Puzzle problem.
Q9. Difference between sql and mysql.
Q10. Properties of linked list and insertion of elements in a linked list.
Q11. He then asked me to rate myself in programming languages C/C++/Java/Python. I told him that i am confident in C and C++ and i know the basics of Java and Python. He asked me the differences in all the four languages.
Q12. Why Java is platform independent?
Q13. An array has numbers from 1 to 10 only and one of the number is missing in between. Find the missing number. He asked me to write a code.
Note: Just be confident to answer the question and interact properly with the interviewer. Go through your resume and don’t mention anything you don’t know.
Q1. How was your day?
Q2. Why did you choose engineering?
Q3. Why do you want to join HSBC?
Q4. Family background.
Q5. Strengths and weaknesses.
Q6. Where do you see yourself in next 5 years?
Q7. Are you a team player? Give examples
Q8. What activities have you done in college apart from studies?
Tips: Speak confidently and maintain eye contact with the interviewer.
- HSBC Campus Placement for Trainee Software Engineer
- HSBC Campus Placement | Trainee Software Engineer
- HSBC Interview Experience for Trainee Software Engineer | On-Campus
- HSBC Interview Experience for Trainee Software Engineer
- HSBC Technology Interview Experience | Software Engineer Trainee
- Nagarro Interview Experience of Trainee Technology for 2020 batch
- Yardi software India pvt ltd | Off Campus Drive for Software Engineer Trainee
- HSBC Campus Placement
- HSBC Campus Placement Experience
- HSBC On-Campus Placement Experience (Striker profile)
- Informatica Campus Hiring | 2020 Batch (Internship + FT)
- OnePlus Campus Recruitment ( R&D India ) for batch 2020
- Cognizant Interview Experience(On Campus for batch 2020)
- Cognizant Engineer Trainee Off Campus Interview
- HSBC Interview Experience | Set 3 ( On Campus - Software Developer)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.