Hp Inc. Interview Experience for R&D 2020
Hewlett Packard Inc. visited our campus on 28th October 2020 for an internship in Bangalore. The whole process was virtual and the eligibility criteria to apply was to have a CGPA of 6 or above. 700 people were shortlisted for the online test (only 8+ CGPA holders were shortlisted for the test).
Round 1 (Online test 75 mins): The test was conducted in HirePro platform and the test contained problem solving and technical MCQ section. The problem-solving section was moderately difficult with some basic aptitude questions on profit and loss, work time management, distance and time concept problems, etc. There were some harder problems on probability and statistics and population theory concepts. Technical MCQ consisted of 3 subtopics – Aptitude, data structures and algorithms, and OOPs concepts. The data structure part was mostly on Trees, a Linked list, and arrays. The difficulty was moderate. OOPs, concepts section was mostly pointers based and code corrections. Pointer based questions were hard and time-consuming.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
200 students were shortlisted for the next round.
Round 2 ( Technical Interview – Teams meeting 60 mins): This round was a technical discussion. It went on for about 1 hr. A wide range of topics was covered in this round. Some topics and questions were:
- List of subjects you found interesting. Which domain are you inclined mostly towards and why?
- List of projects you have worked on.
- What is something new that you have innovated in your project that has not been implemented in previous ones?
- Explain about your previous internship experience and what are some projects you have worked on during that period.
- (some basic OS concepts questions) – what is page hit, miss, explain virtualisation, explain virtual memory, cache memory, some paging concepts, threading concepts, and some more.
- (some basic Networking questions as well) – OSI model and some protocols used in each of its layers.
- OOPs concept – Write a code in any language to demonstrate abstract class and interface.
- DBMS – Not much theory concepts were asked. I worked with Postgresql in some of my projects, so I was asked about that database.
- How good are you at using Linux, and explain some Linux commands?
- Some basic GIT questions, and asked if I have contributed something to open source.
- At last, the interviewer explained something about the job role and what kind of role they are hiring for.
Around 100 people were selected for the next round.
Round 3 (Managerial Round Teams interview 30 mins):
Some questions asked were:
- Tell me about yourself
- Tell me in short about your previous internship experience and projects you worked on
- Do you consider yourself a team player?
- Explain how and where have you demonstrated your leadership skills
- What were some difficulties you faced when you managed a team?
- What will you do as a leader if there were conflicts between teammates in your group?
- How do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
- How do you handle a pressure situation?
Around 50 people were shortlisted for the next round
Round 4 (HR Round Teams meeting 20 mins):
- Introduce yourself.
- Why do you think you are suitable for this role?
- What do you know about HP inc?
- What is your family background?
- Do you have any idea of pursuing higher studies?
- Are you willing to relocate?
- How convenient are you with night shifts
20 students were selected in the end, and I was one of them.
Tip: Be calm and patient after giving your interview. Results might take time and vary depending on who interviewed you. Do not lose hope till the company has completed the hiring process. It took a good amount of time for results to be published and the time was varying for different people.