The image zoom effect is used to apply zoom over an image on mouse hover or click. This type of effect is mostly used in portfolio sites. It is useful in situations where we want to show the user details on the image.
There are two possible ways to create a mouse hover effect.
- Using CSS
In this article, we will see how to zoom an image on hover using CSS. This article contains two sections of code. The first section contains the HTML code and the second section contains CSS code.
HTML Code: In this section, we will use HTML to create a basic structure of Image Zoom on hover effect.
CSS Code: In this section, we will use some CSS property to Zoom an Image on mouse hover. To create a zoom effect, we will use transition and transform property.
Complete Code: In this section, we will combine the above two sections to create an Image Zoom effect on mouse hover using HTML and CSS.
- How to zoom an element on Hover using CSS ?
- How to spin text on mouse hover using HTML and CSS?
- How to Create Image Overlay Hover using HTML & CSS ?
- How to flip an image on hover using CSS ?
- How to animate div width and height on mouse hover using jQuery ?
- How to disable zoom on a mobile web page using CSS?
- CSS | Animation to Change the Hover State of a Button/Image
- CSS Image overlay hover title
- How to reverse an animation on mouse out after hover?
- How to adjust CSS for specific zoom level?
- CSS | zoom Property
- Convert an image into grayscale image using HTML/CSS
- How to add a black hover to an image using bootstrap?
- How to zoom in on a point using scale and translate ?
- How to Shift Inline Elements When Text Bold on Hover using CSS ?
- How to create Skewed Background with hover effect using HTML and CSS?
- How to create paper corner fold effect on hover by using HTML and CSS?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.