The <article> tag is one of the new sectioning element in HTML5. The HTML <article> tag is used to represent an article. More specifically, the content within the <article> tag is independent from the other content of the site (even though it can be related).
In other words, the article element represents a component of a page that consists of self-contained composition in a document, page or a site. For Ex. in syndication.
<article> Contents. . . </article>
- Google Chrome 6.0
- Internet Explorer 9.0
- Firefox 4.0
- Opera 11.1
- Safari 5.0
- How to write address in an HTML document ?
- HTML Course | Structure of an HTML Document
- HTML DOM document plugins Property
- How to convert an HTML element or document into image ?
- How to specify an URL to a document that explains the reason why the text was deleted in HTML ?
- How to delete text from document using HTML ?
- HTML DOM document contentType Property
- HTML DOM document visibilityState Property
- HTML DOM document scrollingElement Property
- HTML DOM Document hidden Property
- HTML DOM document location Property
- HTML DOM window document property
- How to semantically delete text from an HTML document?
- How to embed audio element in a HTML document ?
- How to create an HTML document which uses aside element ?
- How to define header for a document or section using HTML ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.