Mailto link is a default way to sending a mail when the consumer wants to communicate or wants to give feedback, then by clicking the mailto link will open a default sending mail window. So we can use mailto which directs us to the mail once the form is submitted. Using mailto we can set the action field of the form and in this case, the web browser invokes the email client to send the form submission to the email address specified. Also, we can attach the Cc, Bcc, Subject, and body content also.
<form method="POST" action="mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org" enctype="multipart/form-data">
Parameters: This attribute accepts seven parameters as described below:
- mailto: This parameter holds the email receipent addres mail.
- cc: This parameter holds another mail that will received the carbon copy of the mail, it is optional.
- bcc: This parameter holds another mail that will received the blind carbon copy of the mail, it is optional.
- subject: This parameter holds the subject of the mail, it is optional.
- body: This parameter holds the content of the mail, it is optional.
- ?: This paramter is the first parameter delimeter, it is optional.
- @: This holds the other parameter delimeter, it is optional.
Below examples illustrate the mailto link in HTML:
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.