Making a simple cursor look like a car, a beverage, an emoji or any other shape or symbol looks fascinating. We can actually change the cursor to any font awesome icon on the webpage. To add any font awesome icon to the cursor, we need to add the font-awesome CDN inside the header section.
There is a CSS cursor property to change the type of a cursor. It also allows adding an image in the cursor property.
cursor: url(cursor1.png) 4 12, auto;
So, to add a Font Awesome icon as a cursor, we first need to make the Font Awesome icon into an image. We can do this with the help of canvas in HTML. Then provide that image as a URL to the cursor property.
All Unicode for font awesome icons can be found at https://fontawesome.com/cheatsheet
Font Awesome CDN link: https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.5.0/css/font-awesome.min.css
- How to place Font Awesome icon to input field ?
- How to use font-awesome icons from node-modules?
- How to load font-awesome using SCSS ?
- How to target all Font Awesome icons and align them center?
- How to replace dropdown-toggle icon with another default icon in Bootstrap ?
- How to add multiple font files for the same font ?
- How to use mat-icon in angular?
- How to count number of notification on an icon?
- Bootstrap | Close Icon for dismissing content with Examples
- How to add icon logo in title bar using HTML ?
- How to style icon color, size, and shadow by using CSS ?
- CSS to put icon inside an input element in a form
- How to display icon next to show/hide text on button?
- How to Create an Image Overlay Icon using HTML and CSS ?
- How to translate an image or icon by hovering over it?
- How to hide “Image not found” icon when source image is not found?
- How to remove the default arrow icon from a dropdown list?
- How to convert the hamburger icon of navigation menu to X on click ?
- Reduce the size of an icon during the animation
- Bulma | Icon
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.