Making a simple cursor look like a car, a beverage, an emoji or any other shape or symbol looks fascinating. We can actually change the cursor to any font awesome icon on the webpage. To add any font awesome icon to the cursor, we need to add the font-awesome CDN inside the header section.
There is a CSS cursor property to change the type of a cursor. It also allows adding an image in the cursor property.
cursor: url(cursor1.png) 4 12, auto;
So, to add a Font Awesome icon as a cursor, we first need to make the Font Awesome icon into an image. We can do this with the help of canvas in HTML. Then provide that image as a URL to the cursor property.
All Unicode for font awesome icons can be found at https://fontawesome.com/cheatsheet
Font Awesome CDN link: https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.5.0/css/font-awesome.min.css
- How to place Font Awesome icon to input field ?
- How to load font-awesome using SCSS ?
- How to target all Font Awesome icons and align them center?
- How to replace dropdown-toggle icon with another default icon in Bootstrap ?
- CSS | cursor property
- p5.js | cursor() Function
- How to change cursor style using jQuery ?
- HTML | DOM Style cursor Property
- How to use mat-icon in angular?
- Bulma | Icon
- Semantic-UI | Icon
- How to set cursor style to pointer for links without href ?
- How to add icon logo in title bar using HTML ?
- How to count number of notification on an icon?
- Reduce the size of an icon during the animation
- How to translate an image or icon by hovering over it?
- How to make the cursor to hand when a user hovers over a list item using CSS?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.