How to use Bootstrap Datepicker to get date on change event ?
In this article, we will learn how to use Bootstrap Datepicker to get a date on changes of events. Bootstrap Datepicker is an open-source repository that provides an API to integrate date time picker into the frontend of the website. One should have a basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, jQuery, and Bootstrap.
- Create an HTML file.
- Please follow the below code format to link some external CSS to your code inside the head tag by following this order.
- Start by including the bootstrap CSS in your file. Add the bootstrap datepicker CSS to your file. Finally, you need to add the font awesome CSS to your HTML file.
<link rel=”stylesheet” href=”https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/twitter-bootstrap/4.3.1/css/bootstrap.min.css” />
<link rel=”stylesheet” href=”https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/bootstrap-datepicker/1.9.0/css/bootstrap-datepicker.css” />
<link rel=”stylesheet” href=”https://stackpath.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.7.0/css/font-awesome.min.css” />
<script src=”https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.3.1.slim.min.js”> </script>
<script src= “https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/twitter-bootstrap/4.3.1/js/bootstrap.bundle.min.js”></script>
- Add a class name as “datepicker” and other bootstrap classes to an input field as required
- You can use any icon from any resource like font awesome or any other platform to beautify your input field by aligning the icon in line with the input field.
- It is then necessary to initialize the date picker to the input field so that when the user clicks that input field, the pop-up calendar will appear and they can then pick the date from that prompt.
Example: In this example, we take an input field with class name as “datepicker”, and initialize the datepicker on this input using datepicker().
A calendar appears when the user clicks the input field, and a date can be selected from the calendar. As soon as the user selects a date from the calendar, it is automatically written into the input field. We add an event listener onchange for that input field. When a selection is made in that input field, the onchange() callback method is automatically called to get the value of the input field using the jQuery val() method.