Formidable module is used for parsing form data, especially file uploads. It is easy to use and integrate into your project for handling incoming form data and file uploads.
Installation of formidable module:
- You can visit the link Install formidable module. You can install this package by using this command.
npm install formidable
- After installing formidable module, you can check your yargs version in command prompt using the command.
npm version formidable
- After that, you can just create a folder and add a file for example index.js, To run this file you need to run the following command.
Steps to run the program:
- The project structure will look like this:
NOTE: ‘uploads’ is the folder where your files will be uploaded.
- Make sure you have install express and formidable module using following commands:
npm install formidable npm install express
- Run index.js file using below command:
- Now open POSTMAN to run this API and send sample data as shown below:
Here in body, we have passed send two fields, one is name of type=’Text’ and other is profilePic of type=’File’ as shown above.
- Now go to your uploads folder, your file is uploaded as shown below:
So this is how you can use formidable module for uploading files and handling incoming form data easily and efficiently.
- File Upload in ElectronJS
- How to change the maximum upload file size in PHP ?
- PHP | $_FILES Array (HTTP File Upload variables)
- Nodejs | Automatic restart NodeJs server with nodemon
- Upload Progress Bar in PHP
- Upload files in Python
- How to upload files asynchronously using jQuery?
- Django - Upload files with FileSystemStorage
- How to Upload Image into Database and Display it using PHP ?
- Associate user to its upload (post) in Django
- Upload and Retrieve Image on MongoDB using Mongoose
- How to upload files using jQuery Dropzone Plugin ?
- How to upload Laravel App to Heroku Cloud Application Platform
- How to select and upload multiple files with HTML and PHP, using HTTP POST?
- Node.js | Image Upload, Processing and Resizing using Sharp package
- How to reset selected file with input tag file type in Angular 9?
- Create a GUI to convert CSV file into excel file using Python
- How to get file input by selected file name without path using jQuery ?