How to update Sound Drivers in Windows PC?
Among all the Operating systems, Window’s Operating System stands the most user-friendly GUI (Graphical User Interface) based OS because of its highly interactive mode with the user. Currently, more than 70% of the systems are being run on Windows OS. Though Windows drivers are freely available online but getting genuine windows and their drivers’ costs.
A driver is a set of programmed files grouped into an executable file useful for interacting with one or more hardware devices by communicating through the Operating System. A Sound driver is responsible for handling system volume controls, mic, and other audio related functions. Any defect in this driver may cause malfunctioning of the audio system. This may be due to the following reasons:
Below are some methods to update Sound drivers:
Method 1: Updating the Sound driver using Device Manager
- Click on the search box on the taskbar and type “device manager” and select it.
- Scroll down to see sound, video and game controllers.
- Double click on it to view more hardware devices.
- Right-click on the “Realtek Audio driver” and click on “Update driver”.
- Click on “Search” automatically for updated driver software.
- Windows will automatically search for any update and if it is already installed in your PC then it shows the required drivers are already installed.
Method 2: Download Audio Driver from Processor Manufacturer
- To know your system processor manufacturer go to >> Control Panel >> System and Security >> System.
For instance, most of the processors are manufactured by Intel.</li.
- To Update the Sound driver using Intel go to Intel Website download and install Intel driver and support.
- On running the Intel driver support it scans and displays the status of all the drivers. If there is an update in the sound driver, it recommends for driver update.
- If all the drivers are of the latest versions it displays that your Intel drivers and software are up to date.
Method 3: Updating driver from the computer manufacturer
- There are many computer manufacturers viz; DELL, Lenovo, HP. The current process describes how to update drivers from DELL manufacturers. Go to Dell Website download and install dell update assistance.
- Click on Check for scanning drivers in the system.
- Post scanning the application displays a list of drivers that need an update or repair. Look for the audio driver for updates or repair.
With the above methods, the Sound driver can be updated. If the above methods do not work, try uninstalling third-party antivirus software. Updating Windows OS or using a system in Safe Mode might help.