Among all the Operating systems, Window’s Operating System stands the most user-friendly GUI (Graphical User Interface) based OS because of its highly interactive mode with the user. Currently, more than 70% of the systems are being run on Windows OS. Though Windows drivers are freely available online but getting genuine windows and their drivers’ costs.
A driver is a set of programmed files grouped into an executable file useful for interacting with one or more hardware devices by communicating through the Operating System. A Sound driver is responsible for handling system volume controls, mic, and other audio related functions. Any defect in this driver may cause malfunctioning of the audio system. This may be due to the following reasons:
Below are some methods to update Sound drivers:
Method 1: Updating the Sound driver using Device Manager
- Click on the search box on the taskbar and type “device manager” and select it.
- Scroll down to see sound, video and game controllers.
- Double click on it to view more hardware devices.
- Right-click on the “Realtek Audio driver” and click on “Update driver”.
- Click on “Search” automatically for updated driver software.
- Windows will automatically search for any update and if it is already installed in your PC then it shows the required drivers are already installed.
Method 2: Download Audio Driver from Processor Manufacturer
- To know your system processor manufacturer go to >> Control Panel >> System and Security >> System.
For instance, most of the processors are manufactured by Intel.</li.
- To Update the Sound driver using Intel go to Intel Website download and install Intel driver and support.
- On running the Intel driver support it scans and displays the status of all the drivers. If there is an update in the sound driver, it recommends for driver update.
- If all the drivers are of the latest versions it displays that your Intel drivers and software are up to date.
Method 3: Updating driver from the computer manufacturer
- There are many computer manufacturers viz; DELL, Lenovo, HP. The current process describes how to update drivers from DELL manufacturers. Go to Dell Website download and install dell update assistance.
- Click on Check for scanning drivers in the system.
- Post scanning the application displays a list of drivers that need an update or repair. Look for the audio driver for updates or repair.
With the above methods, the Sound driver can be updated. If the above methods do not work, try uninstalling third-party antivirus software. Updating Windows OS or using a system in Safe Mode might help.
- How to Reinstall Wireless Drivers in Windows?
- How to play a notification sound on websites?
- How to directly update a field by using ng-click in AngularJS ?
- How to update dependency in package.json file ?
- Range Update Queries to XOR with 1 in a Binary Array.
- How to update NPM ?
- How to update mouse location when scrolling with jQuery ?
- How to set or update page title using UI-Router?
- How to update Node.js and NPM to next version ?
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- How to set PHP development environment in windows ?
- How to Create a WiFi Hotspot in Windows 8 using Command-prompt?
- How to Install Python Tensorflow in Windows?
- How to install Sublime Text 3 in Windows?
- Compare file system in Windows and Linux
- How to disable Windows Startup services?
- How to Create a Desktop Shortcut in Windows?
- How to Install R Studio on Windows and Linux?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.