In Go language slice is more powerful, flexible, convenient than an array, and is a lightweight data structure. The slice is a variable-length sequence which stores elements of a similar type, you are not allowed to store different type of elements in the same slice.
In the Go slice of bytes, you are allowed to trim suffix from the given slice using TrimSuffix() function. This function returns a subslice of the original slice by slicing off the given trailing suffix string. If the given slice of bytes does not contain the specified suffix string, then this function returns the original slice without any change. It is defined under the bytes package so, you have to import bytes package in your program for accessing TrimSuffix function.
func TrimSuffix(ori_slice, sfx byte) byte
Here, ori_slice is the original slice of bytes and sfx represents the suffix. Let us discuss this concept with the help of the given examples:
Original Slice: Slice 1: !!GeeksforGeeks## Slice 2: Apple Slice 3: %geeks% New Slice: Slice 1: !!GeeksforGeeks# Slice 2: App Slice 3: %geeks%
Final Slice: Slice 1: ****Welcome to GeeksforGeeks*** Slice 2: Learning how to trim a slice of Slice 3: GeeksforGeeks, Geek
- How to trim a slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to trim prefix from the slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to trim white spaces from the slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to trim right-hand side of a slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to trim left-hand side of a slice of bytes in Golang?
- Check if the Slice of bytes ends with specified suffix in Golang
- How to repeat a slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to split a slice of bytes in Golang?
- Golang | Splitting a slice of bytes after the specified separator
- How to replace all the elements in slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to replace a specified element in slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to convert a slice of bytes in lowercase in Golang?
- How to convert a slice of bytes in uppercase in Golang?
- How to split a slice of bytes after the given separator in Golang?
- How to find the last index value in slice of bytes in Golang?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.