We can used different apporache, for organizing the contents of XML document to facilitate their subsequent querying and retrieval.
This are the following approaches, for storing and extracting XML document from database.
- In the first approach, we can use database management system in which we store the document as a text and the relational and object DBMS are used to store XML whole document as a text field in the DBMS record and object. In this process, we can use document processing for Database management system as a special module and its store schemaless and document-centric XML document.
- In the second approach again we use Database Management System but this time we can use for storing document content as data element .this process follows XML or XML DTD schema and all the document have the same structure in which we can design a relational object database to store the leaf-level data element in the XML document. For this, we required a mapping algorithm to design a schema for a database that is compatible with XML document structure.
It is generally used for recreating XML document from the store data which is specified for XML or DTD schema. This can help to implement internal Data Base Management system module or middleware which is not part of the Database Management system.
- In the third approach, we can use different type Database management system which is based on a hierarchical(tree) model for designed and implemented and designing a master system for storing native XML data. This system is also called as native XML DBMS and In this process, the system may involve indexing and querying techniques which is work for all types of an XML document.
It may include data compression technique which is highly used for reducing the size of the document for storage. There is various software which offers native XML storage option like Tamino software AG or Excelon for dynamic application platform offers native XML DBMS capability and oracle also offer native XML storage option.
- In the fourth approach, we can create and customized XML document and publishing from pre-existing relational database Because relational database already stored huge amount of data which is a part of data in which we need to formatted data as a document for displaying into the web or exchanging.
This process is used to divided the middleware software layer to adjust the conversion between an XML document and relational database.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
- Denormalization in Databases
- Types of Databases
- Active Databases
- Indexing in Databases | Set 1
- Concepts of Distributed databases
- Introduction to Graph Databases
- Primary Indexing in Databases
- Horizontal and Vertical Scaling In Databases
- Horn Clauses in Deductive Databases
- Clausal Form in Deductive Databases
- How to store a password in database?
- Difference between Adabas and Alibaba Cloud Table Store
- Difference between Aerospike and Alibaba Cloud Table Store
- Difference between Alibaba Cloud Table Store and Amazon DocumentDB
- Difference between Alibaba Cloud Table Store and Amazon Redshift
- Difference between Alibaba Cloud ApsaraDB for PolarDB and Alibaba Cloud Table Store
- Difference between Alibaba Cloud Log Service and Alibaba Cloud Table Store
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.