The alternative text for an image is useful when the image not displayed/loaded. If the image is not loaded the its alternative text is displayed on the web page. Alternative text is the alternative information for an image.
Example 1: In this example, the image path contains the image so it will display the image.
Example 2: In this example, the image path is not correct so it will display alternative text information.
- How to specify an image as a server-side image-map in HTML ?
- How to specify an URL to a document that explains the reason why the text was deleted in HTML ?
- How to specify a text which is an extended quotation in HTML ?
- How to specify the width and height of the canvas using HTML ?
- How Specify Length and Width of Square Grid Picture System in Bootstrap?
- How to specify the order of classes in CSS ?
- How to Specify Divider gap in Square Grid using Bootstrap ?
- How to specify a list of pre-defined options for input controls in HTML5?
- How to specify the main content of a document in HTML5 ?
- How to specify the response page after submitting the form using HTML5 ?
- How to specify that a button should be disabled using HTML5?
- How to define a part of text in an alternate voice or mood using HTML5 ?
- Text Animation with changing the color of the text using HTML & CSS
- How to create long shadow of text without using text-shadow in HTML and CSS ?
- How to wrap the text around an image using HTML and CSS ?
- How to Add Image in Text Background using HTML and CSS ?
- How to place text on image using HTML and CSS?
- Convert an image into grayscale image using HTML/CSS
- How to give text or an image transparent background using CSS?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.