Installation of ejs module:
- You can visit the link Install ejs module. You can install this package by using the following command.
npm install ejs
- After installing multer you can check your ejs version in command prompt using the command.
npm version ejs
- After that, you can just create a folder and add a file for example app.js, To run this file you need to run the following command.
- To setup view engine, you need the write this middleware in your index.js as follow:
app.set('views', path.join(__dirname, 'views')) app.set('view engine', 'ejs')
where path is the global object and __dirname holds current directory address. Views is the folder where our all web pages will be kept.
- Now create a EJS file like Demo.ejs and put this file in views folder.
Steps to run the program:
- The project structure will look like this:
- Make sure you have ‘view engine’ like I have used “ejs” and also install express using the following commands:
npm install ejs npm install express
- Run app.js file using below command:
- Open browser and type this URL:
- Then you will see the Demo.ejs page as shown below:
So this is how you can setup a view engine in node js. There are many other engines exist like Handlebars, Mustache, etc.
- How to Setup Handlebars View Engine in Node.js ?
- Nodejs | Automatic restart NodeJs server with nodemon
- Introduction to Model View View Model (MVVM)
- Express.js app.engine() Function
- Use EJS as Template Engine in Node.js
- How to use underscore.js as a template engine ?
- How to detect search engine bots with PHP ?
- Difference between Search Engine and Web Browser
- Elasticsearch Search Engine | An introduction
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) | Basics
- Mobile Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Environment setup for JSP
- ES6 | Environment Setup
- p5.js | setup() Function
- AWS EC2 Instance Setup with Apache Server
- How to Setup Sublime Text 3 for Python in Windows?
- Setup Sending Email in Django Project
- How to Setup Atom Editor with all the required Packages?
- Setup API for GeeksforGeeks user data using WebScraping and Flask
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.