Written by a Google engineer sublime text is a cross-platform IDE developed in C++ and Python. It has basic built-in support for Python. Sublime text is fast and you can customize this editor as per your need to create a full-fledged Python development environment. You can install packages such as debugging, auto-completion, code linting, etc. There are also various packages for scientific development, Django, Flask, and so on.
Downloading and Installation
Setting up Environment Variable
- Step 1: Click the Advanced system settings link.
- Step 2: Click Environment Variables. In the section System Variables, find the PATH environment variable and select it. Click Edit. If the PATH environment variable does not exist, click New.
- Step 3: In the Edit System Variable (or New System Variable) window, specify the value of the PATH environment variable. Click OK. Close all remaining windows by clicking OK.
Working on Sublime Text3
Step 1: Create a new file and save it with extension .py for example save it as checkversion.py. Now, Go to Tools -> Build System -> Python then type on your checkversion.py
This is showing the version of python. This means python is successfully installed and added in Environment Variable.
Step 2: Add new build system on your Sublime Tools -> Build System -> New Build System and make sure that the new build system has this following command
Select your new system build newPython3 and re-run the checkversion.py and now it should be using Python 3
Now create any file and save it with .py extension
Now you can run your Python code by using CTRL+SHIFT+B and choose from the 2 options.
- How to Setup Sublime Text 3 for Java in Windows?
- How to Setup Sublime Text 3 for Perl in Windows?
- How to install Sublime Text 3 in Windows?
- Convert Python Code to a Software to Install on Windows Using Inno Setup Compiler
- Python | Django-allauth setup and Configuration
- Convert Text and Text File to PDF using Python
- How to add Python to Windows PATH?
- How to install Python on Windows?
- How to Install Python Tensorflow in Windows?
- How to install OpenCV for Python in Windows?
- Windows 10 Toast Notifications with Python
- How to install Python Pycharm on Windows?
- How to install requests in Python - For windows, linux, mac
- Autorun a Python script on windows startup
- Guide to Install MongoDB with Python | Windows
- How to Terminate a running process on Windows in Python?
- How to Install Python Pandas on Windows and Linux?
- Creating Python Virtual Environment in Windows and Linux
- How to download and install Python Latest Version on Windows
- Python | How to download windows lock-screen wallpapers
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.