Perl is a general-purpose, high level interpreted and dynamic programming language. Perl was originally developed for text processing like extracting the required information from a specified text file and for converting the text file into a different form.
Perl programs can be written on any plain text editor like notepad, notepad++, or anything of that sort. One can also use an online IDE for writing Perl codes or can even install one on their system to make it more feasible to write these codes.
Written by a Google engineer sublime text is a cross-platform IDE developed in C++ and Python. It has basic built-in support for Python. Sublime text is fast and you can customize this editor as per your need to create a full-fledged Python development environment. You can install packages such as debugging, auto-completion, code linting, etc. There are also various packages for scientific development, Django, Flask, and so on.
Downloading and Installation
To check that perl is installed perfectly on your device just type :
Setting up Environment Variable
- Step 1: Click the Advanced system settings link.
- Step 2: Click Environment Variables. In the section System Variables, find the PATH environment variable and select it. Click Edit. If the PATH environment variable does not exist, click New.
- Step 3: In the Edit System Variable (or New System Variable) window, specify the value of the PATH environment variable. Click OK. Close all remaining windows by clicking OK.
Working on Sublime Text3
Step 1: Goto tools->build system and select New Build System.
Step 2: Copy the below code :
Then save it as
Step 3: Last step is to create any file and save it as “anythng.pl” and press ctrl + shift + B to run.
- How to Setup Sublime Text 3 for Java in Windows?
- How to Setup Sublime Text 3 for Python in Windows?
- How to install Sublime Text 3 in Windows?
- Perl Installation and Environment Setup in Windows, Linux, and MacOS
- How to install Perl on Windows?
- Perl | Count the frequency of words in text
- Plain Old Text Documentation in Perl Programming
- Perl | Basic Syntax of a Perl Program
- Perl Tutorial - Learn Perl With Examples
- How to Setup Browsersync for Web Development in Ubuntu?
- How to Setup Atom Editor with all the required Packages?
- How to Use Android on Windows 10?
- How to Hide a Folder in Windows?
- How to close a dialog box in windows?
- How to Install Magento2 on Windows?
- How to Create a New User in Windows 10?
- How to Install and Run Apache Kafka on Windows?
- How to disable Windows Startup services?
- How to update Sound Drivers in Windows PC?
- How to Disable Administrator Account in Windows?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.