In HTML, we will use the type attribute to take input in a form and when we have to take the file as an input, the file value of the type attribute allows us to define an element for the file uploads. It displays a browse button on our computer screen, and when we click on this browse button, it asks the user for permission to select the file from his local computer.
But when we want to take file input by default, then we cannot do it. It means we cannot set a value to a file input due to some security reasons in HTML.
The above code will give the same output as the previous code because here we want to set value, but it doesn’t work due to security reasons. Hence, in HTML, there is the only way to take file input.
- HTML | <input type="file">
- How to reset selected file with input tag file type in Angular 9?
- How to get file input by selected file name without path using jQuery ?
- How to get the input file size in jQuery ?
- HTML | File Paths
- HTML | input Tag
- HTML | <input> min Attribute
- HTML | DOM Input URL value Property
- HTML | <input>max Attribute
- HTML | input value Attribute
- HTML | DOM Input URL name Property
- HTML | <input type="tel">
- HTML | <input> name Attribute
- HTML | <input> alt Attribute
- HTML | DOM Input URL Object
- HTML | <input> src Attribute
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.