Using the input tag to upload multiple files has become possible after the release of HTML 5. Since many of us, work on HTML and still use tags such as <input> tag for taking input from the user and <form> tag for using forms on our website, it is necessary to know how to implement multiple files feature using HTML. We can assign ‘multiple’ attribute with the value of multiple like below:
<input type="file" id="files" name="files" multiple="multiple">
<input type="file" id="files" name="files" multiple>
Note: We can use just multiple as a property. Well, it is very simple. HTML 5 has a property for input tag which is ‘multiple’.
Below example illustrates the above approach:
Example: Using this property, you can input multiple files. For selecting files, you must use either CTRL or SHIFT and select the number of files to be uploaded.
- How to select and upload multiple files with HTML and PHP, using HTTP POST?
- HTML | DOM Select multiple Property
- HTML | <select> multiple Attribute
- HTML | DOM Input FileUpload files Property
- HTML | DOM Input Password select() Method
- HTML | DOM Input Text select() Method
- HTML | <input> multiple Attribute
- HTML | DOM Input FileUpload multiple Property
- HTML | DOM Input Email multiple Property
- SASS | Use variables across multiple files
- How to get multiple selected values of select box in php?
- How to select an element with multiple classes using jQuery ?
- How to select multiple columns in a pandas dataframe
- How to select all on focus in input using JQuery?
- How to select text input fields using CSS selector ?
- HTML | <select> Tag
- HTML | DOM Select value Property
- HTML | DOM Select name Property
- HTML | DOM Select Object
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.