Web scraping is a technique to fetch data from websites. While surfing on the web, many websites don’t allow the user to save data for personal use. One way is to manually copy-paste the data, which both tedious and time-consuming. Web Scraping is the automation of the data extraction process from websites.
In this article, we will scrape the weather update from google’s search result.
- BeautifulSoup: This module is used for iterating, searching, and modifying the parse tree over the HTML or XML parser. To download it type the below command in the terminal.
pip install beautifulsoup4
- Requests: Requests library is one of the integral part of Python for making HTTP requests to a specified URL. To download it type the below command in the terminal.
pip install requests
Below is the implementation.
- Create GUI to Web Scrape articles in Python
- Scrape Tables From any website using Python
- Scrape most reviewed news and tweet using Python
- Scrape Instagram using Instagramy in Python
- Python program to Recursively scrape all the URLs of the website
- Scrape content from dynamic websites
- Python | Get a google map image of specified location using Google Static Maps API
- Google Geo-coding Web Service (JSON response)
- Download Anything to Google Drive using Google colab
- Python | Plotting Data on Google Map using pygmaps package
- Web Scraping Coronavirus Data into MS Excel
- Using Google Cloud Function to generate data for Machine Learning model
- Downloading files from web using Python
- Implementing web scraping using lxml in Python
- Python | Introduction to Web development using Flask
- Python | Launch a Web Browser using webbrowser module
- Pagination using Scrapy - Web Scrapping with Python
- Web Scraping CryptoCurrency price and storing it in MongoDB using Python
- Draw Colorful Spiral Web Using Turtle Graphics in Python
- How to draw 2-layered and colored spider web in Python using Turtle Module?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.