How to Scrape Paragraphs using Python?
Prerequisite: Implementing Web Scraping in Python with BeautifulSoup
In this article, we are going to see how we extract all the paragraphs from the given HTML document or URL using python.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning - Basic Level Course
- bs4: Beautiful Soup(bs4) is a Python library for pulling data out of HTML and XML files. This module does not come built-in with Python. To install this type the below command in the terminal.
pip install bs4
- requests: Requests allows you to send HTTP/1.1 requests extremely easily. This module also does not comes built-in with Python. To install this type the below command in the terminal.
pip install requests
- Import module
- Create an HTML document and specify the ‘<p>’ tag into the code
- Pass the HTML document into the Beautifulsoup() function
- Use the ‘P’ tag to extract paragraphs from the Beautifulsoup object
- Get text from the HTML document with get_text().
Welcome geeks. Hello geeks.
Now Lets Extract Paragraphs from the given URL.