In Go language slice is more powerful, flexible, convenient than an array, and is a lightweight data structure. The slice is a variable-length sequence which stores elements of a similar type, you are not allowed to store different type of elements in the same slice.
In the Go slice of bytes, you are allowed to replace a specified element in the given slice using the Replace() functions. This function returns a copy of the slice that contains a new slice which is created by replacing the elements in the old slice. If the given old slice is empty, then it matches at the start of the slice and after each UTF-8 sequence it is yielding up to m+1 replacement for m-rune slice. And if the value of the m is less than zero, then this function can replace any number of elements in the given slice (without any limit). It is defined under the bytes package so, you have to import bytes package in your program for accessing Repeat function.
func Replace(ori_slice, old_slice, new_slice byte, m int) byte
Here, ori_slice is the original slice of bytes, old_slice is the slice which you want to replace, new_slice is the new slice which replaces the old_slice, and m is the number of times the old_slice replaced.
Original slice: Slice 1: GEEKS Slice 2: APPLE New Slice: Slice 1: GeeKS Slice 2: ApPLE
Result 1: GeEKSforGeEKS, GeEKS, Geeks Result 2:Hello! i am PISLy, PISLy, Puppy Result 3:geeks, geeks, geeks Result 4:I like icecream
- Check if the specified element is present in the slice of bytes in Golang
- Check if the Slice of bytes starts with specified prefix in Golang
- Check if the Slice of bytes ends with specified suffix in Golang
- Finding the index value of specified byte in slice of bytes in Golang
- How to find last index value of specified byte in slice of bytes in Golang?
- Golang | Splitting a slice of bytes after the specified separator
- How to replace all the elements in slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to find the index value of any element in slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to find the last index value of any element in slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to convert a slice of bytes in uppercase in Golang?
- How to convert a slice of bytes in lowercase in Golang?
- Checking Slice of bytes for equality under Unicode case folding in Golang
- How to repeat a slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to convert a slice of bytes in title case in Golang?
- How to trim prefix from the slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to trim suffix from the slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to trim a slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to split a slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to trim white spaces from the slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to trim left-hand side of a slice of bytes in Golang?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.