The line break can be removed from string by using str_replace() function. The str_replace() function is an inbuilt function in PHP which is used to replace all the occurrences of the search string or array of search strings by replacement string or array of replacement strings in the given string or array respectively.
str_replace ( $searchVal, $replaceVal, $subjectVal, $count )
Return Type: This function returns a new string or array based on the $subjectVal parameter with replaced values.
Example: After replacing the <br> tag, the new string is taken in the variable text.
Using preg_replace() function: The preg_replace() function is an inbuilt function in PHP which is used to perform a regular expression for search and replace the content.
preg_replace( $pattern, $replacement, $subject, $limit, $count )
Return Value: This function returns an array if the subject parameter is an array, or a string otherwise.
Example: This example use preg_replace() function to remove line break.
- How to prevent line breaks in the list of items using CSS?
- How to put string in array, split by new line in PHP ?
- How to remove the first character of string in PHP?
- How to remove extension from string in PHP?
- Remove new lines from string in PHP
- How to remove all non-printable characters in a string in PHP?
- How to remove portion of a string after a certain character in PHP?
- CSS | ::first-line Selector
- How to add a new line in the alert box ?
- p5.js | line() Function
- PHP | ImagickDraw line() Function
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.