<select> Tag: The <select> component is used to make a drop-down list. The <select> component is most frequently used in a form, to gather user input. The name attribute is required to reference the form data after the form is submitted (in case you exclude the name attribute, no data from the drop-down list will be submitted). The id attribute is required to relate the drop-down list with a name. The <option> tag inside the <select> component characterize the accessible choices within the drop-down list.
<select> <option>Option1</option> <option>Option2</option> . . . <option>Option n</option> </select>
- autofocus: Indicates that the drop-down list ought to consequently get focus when the page loads. (value: autofocus)
- disabled: Indicates that a drop-down list ought to be disabled. (value: disabled)
- form: Characterizes which form the drop-down list has a place to. (value: form_id)
- multiple: Indicates that multiple options can be chosen at once. (value: multiple)
- name: Characterizes a name for the drop-down list. (value: name)
- required: Indicates that the user is required to choose a value some time recently submitting the form. (value: required)
- size: Characterizes the number of visible options in a drop-down list. (value: number)
We can remove border radius from Select tag by two methods as follows:
Method 1: Using CSS: Use some CSS property to remove the border radius.
Method 2: Using Bootstrap: The user-agent stylesheet for Chrome gives a border-radius of 5px to all the corners of a <select> component. Custom select menus require as it were a custom class, .custom-select to trigger the custom styles. Custom styles are restricted to the select’s starting appearance and cannot alter the option’s due to browser restrictions.
We can use select tag and .custom-select class with form-control as follows
- CSS | border radius property
- CSS | border-top-right-radius Property
- CSS border-bottom-left-radius Property
- CSS | border-bottom-right-radius Property
- CSS | border-top-left-radius Property
- CSS | border-start-start-radius Property
- CSS | border-end-start-radius Property
- CSS | border-end-end-radius Property
- CSS | border-start-end-radius Property
- How to remove margin introduced in pre tag in bootstrap 4?
- How to Select Multiple Files using HTML Input Tag ?
- Include Bootstrap in AngularJS using ng-bootstrap
- How to use bootstrap-select for dropdown ?
- How to design Bootstrap Fullscreen Select feature for Mobiles ?
- HTML | <select> Tag
- How to remove options from select element using jQuery ?
- Difference between bootstrap.css and bootstrap-theme.css
- Difference Between Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4
- Difference between Bootstrap 4 and Bootstrap 5
- What purpose does a <script> tag serve inside of a <noscript> tag?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.