How to prepare in Last 10 days to score high in GATE?
Dear Gate Aspirant,
GATE is one the hardest entrance exam in our country and the basics of all the subjects must be clear to get a decent score. Each one of you prepare to get into prestigious institutes like IISC, IIT, NITs. Sometimes even after a lot of preparation, students are not able to score well. Reason is that they either try to mug up all content or strain themselves on last minute. Now that the Gate is almost a Week away, Here are some tips and tricks to escalate your preparation and make you ready for the final day.
- Practice is the key:
- Study Last Minute Notes to revise important concepts.If you have your own notes, surely go through them very thoroughly before sitting in exam.
- “Don’t lose your confidence”, if you think you can – YOU CAN.
- Concentrate on important and top scoring subjects now as the time left is too short. Some of the top topics that should be concentrated at this time
- You may create a timetable with the distribution of subjects. Working randomly may result in a great confusion at the end. If you have not covered a topic, try not to start it now , rather concentrate and make yourself more confident on all the topics you are well verse with. To gain more knowledge, have a look at last year papers and practice . Do NOT get panic and pressurize yourself at the last moment.
- Be familiar with all the instructions issued by GATE 2021 official site . This will save your time as well as it will allow you to concentrate more on answering the questions while giving Exam rather than remembering the instructions.
- Marking Scheme –
- For 1-mark multiple-choice questions, 1/3 marks will be deducted for a wrong answer.
- For 2-marks multiple-choice questions, 2/3 marks will be deducted for a wrong answer.
- There is no negative marking for numerical answer type questions.
- Do not strain yourself till the last minute. Relax, eat well, sleep well and believe in yourself. Avoid new topics in last moment.
- Remember, GATE Question patterns do repeat in all years so leave no stone unturned for making yourself through with Previous year Papers. Practice, more practice, and only practice is the key to crack GATE with a high score. Avoid study on D-day.
- Chill and Enter Examination Hall With A BIG SMILE 🙂
On the D – Day :
Keep your Admit card and Identity/Aadhaar card with you. Reach your exam center before 1 hour of the Exam.
- Don’t misread question. Try to read and understand what are they asking? Focus on words like Atmost, atleast, Not True, Not False.
- Avoid having default mindset regarding a question. They never repeat questions in GATE.
- Avoid calculation error. Don’t hurry for options/result for question.
- Please DO NOT GUESS options/result. Avoid to attempt all/more questions if you can not because this you will blame yourself for negative marking. If you avoid this your Rank will be Higher.
Hope This helps you. All the Best !!
Level Up Your GATE Prep!
Embark on a transformative journey towards GATE success by choosing Data Science & AI
as your second paper choice with our specialized course. If you find yourself lost in the vast landscape of the GATE syllabus, our program is the compass you need.