Dear Gate Aspirant,
GATE is one the hardest entrance exam in our country and the basics of all the subjects must be clear to get a decent score. Each one of you prepare to get into prestigious institutes like IISC, IIT, NITs. Sometimes even after a lot of preparation, students are not able to score well. Reason is that they either try to mug up all content or strain themselves on last minute. Now that the Gate is almost a Week away, Here are some tips and tricks to escalate your preparation and make you ready for the final day.
- Practice is the key:
- Check these topics that are categorized based on the previous GATE CS Papers.
- Read GATE CS Notes according to GATE 2018 official Syllabus
- Practice previous year papers
- Think of the subjects you are weak at- (Practice subject wise mock tests)
- Experience GATE before GATE. Try GATE CS 2018 Mock Tests
- Study Last Minute Notes to revise important concepts.If you have your own notes, surely go through them very thoroughly before sitting in exam.
- “Don’t lose your confidence”, if you think you can – YOU CAN.
- Concentrate on important and top scoring subjects now as the time left is too short. Some of the top topics that should be concentrated at this time
- You may create a timetable with the distribution of subjects. Working randomly may result in a great confusion at the end. If you have not covered a topic, try not to start it now , rather concentrate and make yourself more confident on all the topics you are well verse with. To gain more knowledge, have a look at last year papers and practice . Do NOT get panic and pressurize yourself at the last moment.
- Be familiar with all the instructions issued by GATE 2018 official site . This will save your time as well as it will allow you to concentrate more on answering the questions while giving Exam rather than remembering the instructions.
- Marking Scheme –
- For 1-mark multiple-choice questions, 1/3 marks will be deducted for a wrong answer.
- For 2-marks multiple-choice questions, 2/3 marks will be deducted for a wrong answer.
- There is no negative marking for numerical answer type questions.
- Do not strain yourself till the last minute. Relax, eat well, sleep well and believe in yourself. Avoid new topics in last moment.
- Remember, GATE Question patterns do repeat in all years so leave no stone unturned for making yourself through with Previous year Papers. Practice, more practice, and only practice is the key to crack GATE with a high score. Avoid study on D-day.
- Chill and Enter Examination Hall With A BIG SMILE 🙂
On the D – Day :
Keep your Admit card and Identity/Aadhaar card with you. Reach your exam center before 1 hour of the Exam.
- Don’t misread question. Try to read and understand what are they asking? Focus on words like Atmost, atleast, Not True, Not False.
- Avoid having default mindset regarding a question. They never repeat questions in GATE.
- Avoid calculation error. Don’t hurry for options/result for question.
- Please DO NOT GUESS options/result. Avoid to attempt all/more questions if you can not because this you will blame yourself for negative marking. If you avoid this your Rank will be Higher.
- GATE CS Notes according to GATE 2018 official Syllabus
- Last Minute Notes – GATE 2018
- Important Topics for GATE 2018 Computer Science
- Previous year papers GATE CS, solutions and explanations year-wise and topic-wise
- GATE CS 2018 Mock Tests
- Top 5 Topics for Each Section of GATE CS Syllabus
- GATE CS 2018 Syllabus
- GATE CS 2018 Important Dates
- Articles on Computer Science Subjects
Important links –
Hope This helps you. All the Best !!
Team GeeksforGeeks and GeeksQuiz
- Best College Prediction based on GATE CS All India Rank (AIR)/Score
- How to prepare for GATE CSE - 2019
- Tips to prepare for GATE
- How to prepare for AMCAT?
- GATE | Sudo GATE 2020 Mock III (24 January 2019) | Question 10
- GATE | Sudo GATE 2020 Mock III (24 January 2019) | Question 47
- GATE | Sudo GATE 2020 Mock III (24 January 2019) | Question 49
- GATE | Sudo GATE 2020 Mock III (24 January 2019) | Question 55
- GATE | Sudo GATE 2020 Mock III (24 January 2019) | Question 51
- GATE | Sudo GATE 2020 Mock III (24 January 2019) | Question 48
- GATE | Sudo GATE 2020 Mock III (24 January 2019) | Question 50
- GATE | Sudo GATE 2020 Mock III (24 January 2019) | Question 52
- GATE | Sudo GATE 2020 Mock II (10 January 2019) | Question 59
- GATE | Sudo GATE 2020 Mock II (10 January 2019) | Question 60
- GATE | Sudo GATE 2020 Mock II (10 January 2019) | Question 61