Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is one of the toughest exams all over India. It has an on and average passing percentage of 15 to 20 percent. Every year 7 Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) and Indian Institute of Science IISc conducts exams which leads to admission in M.E, MTech, PhD and other PSUs. It consists of 100 marks paper which consists of 65 questions. It is being conducted once a year and the eligibility criteria is 3rd year student and above.
Steps to prepare :
- Usually GATE preparations requires 7-8 months and finish one topic at a time. You can refer the syllabus which is present in the website: GATE CS Syllabus
- Regularly study for 6 hours if you’re preparing in the last 7-8 months.
- Make individual notes of your own. This will help you learn and recollect all the concepts. Go through different websites like NPTEL, GFG and Youtube for tough topics.
- Try finishing your notes before last 3 months and solve all the previous year papers and revise well in the last month.
Refer – GATE CS Notes
- Buy test series as many as possible, Test series help a lot to clear the exam.
Refer – Sudo GATE
- Stay calm as GATE consists of 10 subjects at a time so it’s all about the mind game.
- Trick is that if any problem takes more than 2 to 3 steps then you’re probably solving it wrong, so you would skip that question and solve it in the end.
Refer – Last Minute Notes
- Previous year questions will help you to understand the depth of the subject in GATE examination.
Refer – Previous Year Papers