Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is one of the toughest exams all over India. It has an on and average passing percentage of 15 to 20 percent. Every year 7 Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) and Indian Institute of Science IISc conducts exams which leads to admission in M.E, MTech, PhD and other PSUs. It consists of 100 marks paper which consists of 65 questions. It is being conducted once a year and the eligibility criteria is 3rd year student and above.
Steps to prepare :
- Usually GATE preparations requires 7-8 months and finish one topic at a time. You can refer the syllabus which is present in the website: GATE CS Syllabus
- Regularly study for 6 hours if you’re preparing in the last 7-8 months.
- Make individual notes of your own. This will help you learn and recollect all the concepts. Go through different websites like NPTEL, GFG and Youtube for tough topics.
- Try finishing your notes before last 3 months and solve all the previous year papers and revise well in the last month.
Refer – GATE CS Notes
- Buy test series as many as possible, Test series help a lot to clear the exam.
Refer – Sudo GATE
- Stay calm as GATE consists of 10 subjects at a time so it’s all about the mind game.
- Trick is that if any problem takes more than 2 to 3 steps then you’re probably solving it wrong, so you would skip that question and solve it in the end.
Refer – Last Minute Notes
- Previous year questions will help you to understand the depth of the subject in GATE examination.
Refer – Previous Year Papers
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- How to prepare in Last 10 days to score high in GATE?
- How to prepare for GATE CSE - 2019
- Tips to prepare for GATE
- 3 big changes in GATE 2021
- GATE CS 2021 (Revised) Syllabus
- GATE CS 2021 Official Important Dates
- 6 Tips to Prepare Behavioural Interview Questions
- How to prepare for Google Asia Pacific University (APAC) Test ?
- How to prepare for top MNCs?
- How to prepare for Infosys - The Complete guide
- How to prepare test case report for a Project?
- How to Prepare a Word List for the GRE General Test
- Important Tips on How To Prepare for the GRE
- How to Prepare for the GRE General Test
- What is Competitive Programming and How to Prepare for It?
- How to Prepare For GSoC (Google Summer of Code) - A Complete Guide
- How to prepare for IELTS?
- How to Prepare for Microsoft Software Development Engineering Interview?
- How To Prepare For InfyTQ (Infosys Certification Exam)?
- Different Ways to Prepare an IT Network for IoT
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : karthikeyanampili