Plotting graph in R using an excel file, we need an excel file with two-column in it, the values in the first column will be considered as the points at the x-axis and the values in the second column will be considered as the points at the y-axis. In this article, we will be discussing the approach to plot a graph using an excel file in R language.
To import and read the excel file to the R console, the read_excel() function from readxl library in R will be used. This function will read an excel-file available in your current working directory. To install the package of the readxl library in R the user must need to follow the following syntax in the R console.
Data in use:
plot() function is used for plotting of R objects. With the provided parameters this function returns a scatter plot by default.
- x:-the x coordinates of points in the plot
- y:-the y coordinates of points in the plot
- main:-an overall title for the plot
- sub:-a subtitle for the plot
- xlab:-a title for the x-axis
- ylab:-a title for the y-axis
- asp:-the y/x aspect ratio
Scatter plot of the given x and y values.
- Import library
- Import excel file
- Read its data
- Plot graph
- Display plot