Rune is a superset of ASCII or it is an alias of int32. It holds all the characters available in the world’s writing system, including accents and other diacritical marks, control codes like tab and carriage return, and assigns each one a standard number. This standard number is known as a Unicode code point or rune in the Go language.
You are allowed to map the given rune into the lower case with the help of ToLower() function. This function changes the case of the given rune(if the case of the rune is upper or title) into lower case and if the given rune is already present in lower case, then this function does nothing. This function is defined under Unicode package, so for accessing this method you need to import the Unicode package in your program.
func ToLower(r rune) rune
Result 1: g Result 2: e Result 3: e Result 4: k Result 5: s Result 6: f
Result 1: s Result 2: a Result 3: m Result 4: p Result 5: l Result 6: e
- Check If the Rune is a Lowercase Letter or not in Golang
- Rune in Golang
- How to Map a Rune to Uppercase in Golang?
- How to Map a Rune to the Specified Case in Golang?
- Check If the Rune is a Letter or not in Golang
- How to Map a Rune to Title Case in Golang?
- How to check the specified rune in Golang String?
- Check If the Rune is an Uppercase Letter or not in Golang
- Check If the Rune is a Decimal Digit or not in Golang
- Golang | How to find the index of rune in the string?
- Check If the Rune is a Symbolic Character or not in Golang
- Check If the Rune is a Space Character or not in Golang
- Check If the Rune is a Unicode Punctuation Character or not in Golang
- How to convert a slice of bytes in lowercase in Golang?
- Zero value in Golang
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.