Given an ArrayList, the task is to make this ArrayList read-only in Java.
Input: ArrayList: [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] Output: Read-only ArrayList: [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] Input: ArrayList: [geeks, for, geeks] Output: Read-only ArrayList: [geeks, for, geeks]
An ArrayList can be made read-only easily with the help of Collections.unmodifiableList() method. This method takes the modifiable ArrayList as a parameter and returns the read-only unmodifiable view of this ArrayList.
readOnlyArrayList = Collections.unmodifiableList(ArrayList);
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Initial list: [X, Y, Z] ReadOnly ArrayList: [X, Y, Z] Trying to modify the ReadOnly ArrayList. Exception thrown : java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
- ArrayList of ArrayList in Java
- How to Read and Print an Integer value in Java
- How to read a Matrix from user in Java?
- Java.util.ArrayList.addall() method in Java
- Image Processing in Java | Set 1 (Read and Write)
- Ways to read input from console in Java
- Reader read() method in Java with Examples
- CharArrayReader read() method in Java with Examples
- StringReader read() method in Java with Examples
- Arraylist.contains() in Java
- ArrayList in Java
- Java.util.Arraylist.indexOf() in Java
- Java.util.ArrayList.add() Method in Java
- Reader read(char) method in Java with Examples
- Reader read(CharBuffer) method in Java with Examples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.