How to list tables using SQLite3 in Python ?
In this article, we will discuss how to list all the tables in the SQLite database using Python. Here, we will use the already created database table from SQLite. We will also learn exception handling during connecting to our database.
Steps to Fetch all tables using SQLite3 in Python
1. Creating a connection object using connect() method,
sqliteConnection = sqlite3.connect('SQLite_Retrieving_data.db')
2. Created one SQLite query with which we will search a list of all tables which are present inside the sqlite3 database.
sql_query = """SELECT name FROM sqlite_master WHERE type='table';"""
3. Using Connection Object, we are creating a cursor object.
cursor = sqliteConnection.cursor()
4. Using execute() methods, we will execute the above SQL query.
5. Finally, We will print a list of all tables which are present inside the sqlite3 database.
Below is the implementation
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...