The VLC media player is a free and open-source, cross-platform media player software. VLC is available for the desktop operating system and mobile platforms also such as android and IOS. VLC supports many audio and video compression methods and file formats. VLC supports many audio and video compression methods and file formats, including DVD-video, video CD, and streaming protocols. It can stream media over computer networks and can transcode multimedia files. The default distribution of VLC software includes many free decoding and encoding libraries, avoiding the need for finding proprietary plugins to seamlessly stream your video or audio. VLC provides an NPAPI plugin, which enables users to view Quick Time, Media, MP3, and Ogg files embedded in websites without using additional software. In windows its installation is simple.
Steps to Install VLC in Kali Linux with Terminal
To install this software in kali Linux from the terminal you need to follow the steps below:
Step 1: Log in as a root, if you don’t have root privileges no worries.
Step 2: If logged in as ROOT, then use the apt install VLC command if you are a guest user use Sudo apt install VLC.
user@kali:/ sudo apt install vlc
root@kali:/# apt install vlc
Step 3: After this command process it will ask you for using the disk space to install the software simply type y.
Do you want to continue [y/n]: y
Step 4: Now a package configuration screen will be prompted simply click on the Yes option and the software will be installed.
continue with yes.
Step 5: The VLC media player is successfully installed.
Go to -> application on the top left -> search for VLC -> open and stream you fav movies.
Benefits of VLC Media Player
- It has the capability to play almost all types of files that users have.
- With VLC, you do not have to worry whether it will work on your system or not, it is supported by every existing Operating system.
- Its installation is very simple and beginner friendly.
- VLC doesn’t require you to download any other plugins or codecs to ensure that certain file formats run.
- VLC allows you to record videos live, like youtube videos, and similar other sites.
- VLC is viruses free, this is because it doesn’t allow add-ons or additional software, which comes with high risks of viruses.
- VLC can be used to capture video shots on your system desktop, this feature helps while watching tutorial videos.
Whether you're preparing for your first job interview or aiming to upskill in this ever-evolving tech landscape, GeeksforGeeks Courses
are your key to success. We provide top-quality content at affordable prices, all geared towards accelerating your growth in a time-bound manner. Join the millions we've already empowered, and we're here to do the same for you. Don't miss out - check it out now!