Virtual Machine abstracts the hardware of our personal computers such as CPU, disk drives, memory, NIC (Network Interface Card), etc, into many different execution environments as per our requirements, hence giving us a feeling that each execution environment is a single computer. For example, VirtualBox.
We can create a virtual machine for several reasons, all of which are fundamentally related to the ability to share the same basic hardware yet can also support different execution environments, i.e., different operating systems simultaneously.
Downloading and Installing VirtualBox
To download VirtualBox, go to the official site virtualbox.org and download the latest version for Linux.
Beginning with the installation:
- Opening the downloaded .deb file:
- Getting Started:
- Beginning Installation:
- Getting done with Installation:
After the successful installation, it will look like this
- How to Install Kali Linux VirtualBox Image?
- How to Install VirtualBox on Windows?
- How to install Ubuntu on VirtualBox?
- How to Install Linux on Windows PowerShell Subsystem?
- install command in Linux with examples
- How to Install Katoolin on Linux Mint?
- How to Install Lazy Script in Kali Linux?
- How to Install Z Shell(zsh) on Linux?
- How to Install and Configure Apache Subversion(SVN) In Linux?
- How to Install GNU Octave in Linux?
- How to Install and Use Hydra in Linux?
- How to Install TeamViewer on Linux/Ubuntu?
- Linux Virtualization : Linux Containers (lxc)
- Difference Between Arch Linux and Kali Linux
- How to install, configure and use GIT on ubuntu?
- Guide to Install MongoDB with Python | Windows
- How to Install and Set Up SAS University Edition
- How to install Apache server in Ubuntu ?
- How to Install Chrome in Ubuntu?
- How to Install and Configure Docker in Ubuntu?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.