Robotics Process Automation(RPA) is an emerging field nowadays. The goal of RPA is to design software robots (bots) or artificial intelligence (AI)/digital workers to complete a job on behalf of humans. RPA allows anyone to configure computer software, or “robot” to emulate and integrate the actions of a human interacting within digital systems to execute a business process.
UIPath studio is a platform that allows to develop and execute bots. It is based on VB .Net but with a GUI, which makes developing robots in UiPath much easier for people with very basic or no programming knowledge to develop RPA bots. The UiPath platform is consists of three main products. Those are:
- UiPath Studio: It is a desktop application which is enables to develop automation projects and workflows in visual manner, using diagrams.
- UiPath Robots : The robot executes the process built using the UiPath studio. The robots can work unattended (run without human supervision in any environment, be it virtual or not) or as attended (a human triggers the process).
- UiPath Orchestrator : It is a web application that can be used to monitor and manage the robots and deploy, schedule the robots while business exception handling is available through centralized work queues.
To use the UiPath platform for development purpose we need to download and install the UiPath community edition from its website as it is the only free version that can be used for development purpose. To download and install the community edition from its website follow these steps.
- Step 1: Visit https://cloud.uipath.com/galgocvpbmhr/portal_/resourceCenter and sign up using your email or using any quick sign in links.
- Step 2: Click on “Resource Center” as shown using the red arrow.
- Step 3: Click on “Stable” and then click on “Download (Stable)”.
- Step 4: Install the downloaded software and any other software.
- Step 5: After installation the following window will come up. Let’s understand some of the options in brief.
- Step 6: Click on the Process to create a new process. Enter the name of process, location, a short description and click on Create to create a new process.
- Step 7: The main working window will come up.
This was a quick introduction about the UiPath Studio. We will create our first project soon and learn more about UiPath Studio through it.
- How to install Android Applications in Mobile Phone without USB Cables using Android Studio
- Link your GitHub Account with R Studio
- How to integrate Git Bash with Visual Studio Code?
- How to Create Your Own Shortcut in Android Studio?
- How to install Sublime Text 3 in Windows?
- How to install NumPy package in Julia?
- How to install Pandas package in Julia?
- Step by Step guide to install Intellij Idea
- How to Install and Run Apache Kafka on Windows?
- How to Install GNU Octave in Linux?
- How to Install Julia on MacOS?
- How to Install Magento2 on Windows?
- How to Install TeamViewer on Linux/Ubuntu?
- How to Install CMake for Windows in Python?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.