How to Install TestNG on Eclispse IDE?
TestNG is a testing framework strongly inspired by JUnit and NUnit but brings in new functionalities, making it more powerful and easier to use, such as:
- Simpler test configuration
- Execution model without TestSuite
- Allows running threads in arbitrarily big thread pools with various policies
- Default JDK functions for runtime and logging without any dependencies, etc.
In this article, we will be installing TestNG as a plug-in for Eclipse, for that you to have Eclipse installed on your device. You can download and install it from their official site by clicking here. Once Eclipse is installed you can further go to the next steps.
TestNG can be installed by two processes:
- Using Eclipse marketplace
- Using Manual Software installation
1. By Going to Eclipse Marketplace
Follow the below steps to install TestNG from the Eclipse marketplace:
- Go to the Help menu in the Eclipse IDE and click on “Eclipse Marketplace“.
- Search for TestNG.
- Click on the Install button.
- Wait for some time, then a dialog box will appear. Click on the confirm button.
- Click on the “I accept the terms” and then click on Finish.
- Installation may take a little time and you may be prompted by the security system of Eclipse to confirm the installation.
2. Using Manual Software:
Follow the below steps to manually install TestNG using software:
- Go to this page and click on the Download navbar.
- Copy the URL, under the install from the update site.
- Go to the Help menu in the Eclipse IDE and click on “Install New Software“.
- Paste the URL and tick the dependencies of TestNG.
- Click the Next button.
- Accept the license and click on the Finish button.
Congratulations! At this point, you have successfully installed TestNG on your Eclipse IDE.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.