TeamViewer is one of the best cross-platform remote support application. Its available for Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Raspberry Pi, iOS, Android, and Linux Operating Systems.
TeamViewer is used for:
- Controlling Remote Computer via GUI (Graphical User Interface).
- File Transfer.
If your mode of usage is for personal and non-commercial its completely free to download. For commercial usage, a licensed version is required.
In this article, we will help you with the installation of TeamViewer on Ubuntu 20.04 and can be used in previous & future Ubuntu versions.
Downloading TeamViewer debian Package(.deb)
Go to TeamViewer for Linux Download page, you will see x86 64bit and x86 32bit versions. Choose as per your system.
You can use, hostnamectl in terminal to get your architecture version.
After you have successfully downloaded .deb package you have two methods to install it.
Method 1: Via GUI
Head over to your downloads folder and right-click on it to open options. Select Open With Software Install. You can also hit Enter to Install it.
Method 2: Via Terminal
Step 1: Open Terminal by pressing Ctrl + Alt + T. Use the below command to update and upgrade the package manager:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
Step 2: Then go to Downloads folder by entering cd Downloads command.
Step 3: Then enter ls to list folder contents.
Step 4: Type the following command:
sudo dpkg -i teamviewer_15.8.3_amd64.deb
Change 15.8.3 with your file version as shown. Hit Enter.
Step 5: Install and Uninstall require superuser privileges. Enter your password.
Step 6: If everything went well now TeamViewer is Installed on your Ubuntu.
Step 7: Type teamviewer . Hit Enter. This command will open Installed TeamViewer.
What if an Error occurs?
If you are getting an error of missing dependencies, these are the packages that TeamViewer will need before installing.
Type the below command and it will install all dependencies that your previous installation missed.
sudo apt-get install -f
- How to Install VirtualBox in Linux?
- How to Install Linux on Windows PowerShell Subsystem?
- install command in Linux with examples
- How to Install Katoolin on Linux Mint?
- How to Install Lazy Script in Kali Linux?
- How to Install Chrome in Ubuntu?
- How to Install and Configure Docker in Ubuntu?
- How to Install and Configure Fish Shell in Ubuntu?
- How to Install Ulauncher in Ubuntu?
- How to Install Z Shell(zsh) on Linux?
- How to install Ubuntu on VirtualBox?
- How to Install and Configure Synaptic Package Manager in Ubuntu?
- How to Install and Configure Apache Subversion(SVN) In Linux?
- How to Install and Configure Elasticsearch on Ubuntu ?
- How to Install and Configure MongoDB in Ubuntu?
- How to install Sublime Text 3 in Windows?
- How to install NumPy package in Julia?
- How to install Pandas package in Julia?
- Step by Step guide to install Intellij Idea
- How to Install UIPath Studio Community Edition for Robotics Process Automation?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.