Written by a Google engineer sublime text is a cross-platform IDE developed in C++ and Python. It has basic built-in support for Python. Sublime text is fast and you can customize this editor as per your need to create a full-fledged Python development environment. You can install packages such as debugging, auto-completion, code linting, etc. There are also various packages for scientific development, Django, Flask and so on.
Features of Sublime Text 3
- Goto anything for opening files with few clicks and can navigate to words or symbols.
- Python-based plugin API.
- Syntax highlighting and allows simultaneous editing (multiple selections)
- Command Palette implementation that accepts text input from users.
- High performance, block selection and simultaneous editing (multiple selections).
Downloading and Installation
Sublime Text 3 can be downloaded from its official site sublimetext.com. To install sublime text 3 on Windows, go through the following steps:
Step 1: Open the downloaded .exe file from the downloads folder and begin with the installation process.
Step 2: Select the desired location and click on the next button to start installation
Step 3: If you want Sublime Text 3 to appear in your right-click menu, then mark the checkbox and click on the Next button.
Step 4: Press the install button.
Step 5: Finish with the installation process.
- How to Setup Sublime Text 3 for Python in Windows?
- How to Setup Sublime Text 3 for Perl in Windows?
- How to Setup Sublime Text 3 for Java in Windows?
- How to Install Python Tensorflow in Windows?
- How to Install R Studio on Windows and Linux?
- How to Install and Run Apache Kafka on Windows?
- How to Install Magento2 on Windows?
- How to Install CMake for Windows in Python?
- How to install NumPy package in Julia?
- How to install Pandas package in Julia?
- Step by Step guide to install Intellij Idea
- How to Install UIPath Studio Community Edition for Robotics Process Automation?
- How to Install GNU Octave in Linux?
- How to Install Julia on MacOS?
- How to Install TeamViewer on Linux/Ubuntu?
- How to install Android Applications in Mobile Phone without USB Cables using Android Studio
- How to Create a WiFi Hotspot in Windows 8 using Command-prompt?
- Compare file system in Windows and Linux
- How to disable Windows Startup services?
- How to update Sound Drivers in Windows PC?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.