Written by a Google engineer sublime text is a cross-platform IDE developed in C++ and Python. It has basic built-in support for Python. Sublime text is fast and you can customize this editor as per your need to create a full-fledged Python development environment. You can install packages such as debugging, auto-completion, code linting, etc. There are also various packages for scientific development, Django, Flask and so on.
Features of Sublime Text 3
- Goto anything for opening files with few clicks and can navigate to words or symbols.
- Python-based plugin API.
- Syntax highlighting and allows simultaneous editing (multiple selections)
- Command Palette implementation that accepts text input from users.
- High performance, block selection and simultaneous editing (multiple selections).
Downloading and Installation
Sublime Text 3 can be downloaded from its official site sublimetext.com. To install sublime text 3 on Windows, go through the following steps:
Step 1: Open the downloaded .exe file from the downloads folder and begin with the installation process.
Step 2: Select the desired location and click on the next button to start installation
Step 3: If you want Sublime Text 3 to appear in your right-click menu, then mark the checkbox and click on the Next button.
Step 4: Press the install button.
Step 5: Finish with the installation process.
- How to Setup Sublime Text 3 for Python in Windows?
- How to Setup Sublime Text 3 for Perl in Windows?
- How to Setup Sublime Text 3 for Java in Windows?
- How to Install Magento2 on Windows?
- How to Install R Studio on Windows and Linux?
- How to Install and Run Apache Kafka on Windows?
- How to Install Python Tensorflow in Windows?
- How to Install GNU Octave in Linux?
- How to Install Julia on MacOS?
- How to install NumPy package in Julia?
- How to install Pandas package in Julia?
- How to Use Android on Windows 10?
- How to close a dialog box in windows?
- How to Hide a Folder in Windows?
- How to Create a New User in Windows 10?
- How to Install UIPath Studio Community Edition for Robotics Process Automation?
- How to disable Windows Startup services?
- How to Disable Administrator Account in Windows?
- How to update Sound Drivers in Windows PC?
- How to Create a Desktop Shortcut in Windows?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.